Thanks to the cooperation with the Department of Electronic and Telecommunications Systems of the Rzeszów University of Technology, we study the concepts of systems developed in our company and the final products in the university’s laboratory of electromagnetic compatibility. The laboratory’s equipment includes control and measurement equipment of the world’s leading manufacturers in this field: Rohde & Schwarz, EMTest, COMTest, ETS-LINTGREN, BONN, Schwarzbeck.
TDK semi-anechoic chamber
The TDK semi-anechoic chamber enables measurements of electromagnetic disturbances emitted by electrical and electronic devices in the frequency range from 30 MHz to 18 GHz and their immunity in the range from 26 MHz to 18 GHz.
The chamber meets the requirements of the following standards:
- EN50147-1, MIL-STD-285, NSA 65-5 – in terms of screening effectiveness;
- EN50147-2, ANSI C63.4, CISPR-16-1-4 for standardized damping for a test bench; NSA 3.5dB, test volume 2m diameter and 2m height, measuring distance 3m;
- EN 61000-4-3 – within the scope of the possibility of creating a homogeneous field with a tolerance of 0dB ÷ 6dB for 75% of the measurement points, in the 1.5´1.5m measurement plane located at a height of 0.8 m from the floor.
- The parameters of the chamber have been confirmed by a certificate issued by an independent laboratory ARC Seibersdorf (Measurement Reports No. EH-H26 / 07) on the basis of tests.
The chamber was additionally equipped with control and measurement equipment, including:
- INNCO DS2000S1t-H300 rotary table with a capacity of 1 ton and a diameter of 2 m;
- INNCO MA 4000-NS antenna mast;
- INNCO mast and table controller CO2000;
- VCS-04 audio-video set by TDK with resistance to electromagnetic fields at the level of 200 V / m, in the frequency range from 26 MHz to 18 GHz;
- electrical installation system, with a load capacity of up to 63 A, equipped with filters with high efficiency of suppression of disturbances (> 100 dB in the range of 14 kHz to 18 GHz);
- system of optical communication interfaces type USB, RS232, RS485, GPIB for communication and control of tested devices;
- entrance gate to the chamber with dimensions of 2.4m X 2.4m;
- exhaust gas extractor with a flexible system of connections with a thermal load capacity of up to 300oC.
EMI system for measuring the emission of conducted and radiated disturbances
The system and its technical equipment enable its flexible configuration and measurement of the emission of conducted and radiated disturbances in power circuits as well as communication interfaces of electrical and electronic devices, in the frequency range from 20 Hz to 18 GHz, in accordance with civil requirements (PN / EN 55011, -14, -15, -22) and aviation (DO-160) EMC standards.
The basis for the equipment of the system for measuring the emission of conducted and radiated disturbances is the EMI ESU26 receiver from Rohde & Schwarz, equipped with the R & S® PSL 3 control computer and the R & S® OSP130 signal switch, which automatically sets up all measurement lines.
Technical equipment of the system:
- artificial measurement networks: ESH2-Z5, ESH3-Z6, ENV4200 by Rohde & Schwarz;
- a set of artificial telecommunications networks of 2, 4 and 8 ENY-21/41/81 lines and 8 ENY81-CA6 lines with the ENY-FTS calibration set by Rohde & Schwarz;
- set of measurement antennas: shielded magnetic coil HZ-10 (5Hz to 10MHz), HK116 antenna (20MHz ÷ 300MHz), HL223 (200MHz ÷ 1.3GHz), HF906 and HF907 (0.8 GHz ÷ 18GHZ), active antenna system AM524 (100Hz¸1GHz) );
- system for measuring the power of disturbances on the power cord of the tested device, including absorption clamps – R & S® MDS21;
- measuring bench KMS600 by INNCO;
- EMC32-E tool software by Rohde & Schwarz in the version for automatic measurement of electromagnetic disturbances with the use of antennas, probes, clamps and transducers.
In the scope of the lowest frequencies, it is supplemented by a system for measuring harmonic emissions of supply currents as well as fluctuations and flicker of light for single and three-phase receivers in a configuration with a three-phase power source with a very low THD coefficient in the ACS503S60 version, AIF 503S4 flicker impedance and DPA503 harmonic and flicker analyzer from the company EMTest.
EMS systems for testing the resistance of devices to standard types of conducted disturbances
The main components of the owned systems:
- the ultra-compact UCS500N7 simulator by EMTest for testing the resistance of single and three-phase devices to surges, fast nanosecond transitions;
- compact system PFS503N63 by EMTest for simulation of dips, blackouts and voltage changes in single and three-phase circuits;
- compact simulator CWS500N2 by EMTest for the generation of conducted disturbances induced by fields with radio frequencies in the range up to 400MHz, for CDN, BCI, Stripline applications in accordance with the requirements of, among others, standards PN / EN 61000-4-6, DO 160, MIL STD 461 D / E / F;
- CWS500N4 system for the generation of asymmetric common-mode conducted disturbances from 0 Hz to 150 kHz;
- ESD30N system by EMTest for testing the resistance of electrical and electronic devices to electrostatic discharge with a surge level of up to 30 kV;
EMS systems for testing the resistance of devices to electromagnetic fields
The existing EMS 1 GHz and EMS 6 GHz systems enable measurements of the susceptibility of electrical and electronic devices to a homogeneous, radiated electromagnetic field of intensity up to 10 V / m with AM 80% modulation, at the system-antenna distance from 1 m to 3 m, respectively in the frequency range from 80 MHz to 1 GHz and from 1 GHz to 6 GHz, in an anechoic chamber, in accordance with the requirements of the PN / EN 61000-4-3 standard.
The main components of the existing EMS 1 GHz system:
- signal generator SMB100A;
- BBA100 power amplifier;
- two-channel power meter NRP with a set of power probes NRP-Z11;
- transmitting antenna HL046;
HI6005 isotropic power probe;
EMC32-S software package.
The main components of the possessed 6 GHz EMS system:
- signal generator SMF100A;
- power amplifier with built-in BLMA1060D bidirectional coupler;
- two-channel power meter NRP with a set of power probes NRP-Z21;
- transmitting antenna HF907, STLP 9149;
- EMC32-K4 software kit by Rohde & Schwarz.